Eye injuries are very common in workers working in industries and large factories. As per the report of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), every day about 2000 workers in the US industries sustain eye injuries that need medical treatment. However, the experts believe that by wearing the right eye protection or safety glasses, these injuries can lessen up to the extent of 90 percent.
What do the common eye hazards occur at the workplace?
There are some potential causes for eye hazards at the workplaces. They can be:
- Projectiles – dust, metal, wood and other particles.
- Radiation – Ultraviolet radiation, Infrared radiation, and lasers
- Chemicals – Fumes and splashes
- Bloodborne pathogens – HIV from blood
Why Safety Glasses are Important?
When you are working with hazardous chemicals or something that might break and send small particles in the air, you require safety glasses to avoid getting those small particles in your eyes.
Safety glasses are a strong defense against infection. They are very inexpensive, and there is no reason to not to wear safety glasses. Whether you are a worker in the factory or you a DIYer, working on any home improvement project, wearing safety glasses is very crucial to protect your eyes. Buy Safety glasses online and protect yourself from serious eye hazards.
Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Wear Safety Glasses
A person can suffer a severe eye injury due to lack of eye protection wears. These hazards can simply be avoided by covering your eyes with the best quality safety glasses. Here are the top five reasons why safety glasses are important for every worker.
- Safety Glasses help in preventing floating objects from damage your eyes. Jobs like construction, maintenance, plumbing, welding, and mining are at high risks of eye hazards. Dirt, dust, and wooden particles can cause irritation and long-lasting damage to your eye.
- UV Light protection: Working for long hours outside under UV rays exposure can damage the tissues of your eyes. It may even cause eye diseases like multiple sclerosis and eye cancer.
- By wearing safety glasses, you can prevent your eyes from Computer Vision Syndrome. It can be caused due to viewing at the computer screen for long periods of time. Blurred vision, dry eyes, and eye strain are the symptoms of this syndrome. Wearing safety glasses having a coated lens can keep you away from the blurred vision.
- Safety glasses help in avoiding major accidents at workplaces. It shields your eyes from harmful chemicals, burns, wood chips, etc. Sometimes when you wipe your eyes, these harmful substances may enter in your eyes and cause severe eye injuries if you do not wear safety glasses.
- There are a variety of stylish safety glasses available for the people who want to look good at the workplace while wearing eye protection glasses. These glasses are designed to fit the specific needs of the worker according to the work environment.
So, there is no single reason to not to buy safety glasses. By spending just a few dollars, you can prevent your eyes from harmful eye hazards. As the saying goes, prevention is better than cure.